The 2016 edition of TEDxParis with the event’s official partner BNP Paribas Cardif will take place on September 13 at 7:30 pm at the Grand Rex. You will also follow the event live at 6:30 pm on social networks via our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
This year’s topic invites us to think about youngsters and try to figure out if they are really asleep...
A strong commitment from BNP Paribas Cardif towards the TEDxParis community
BNP Paribas Cardif is TEDxParis’s(1) official partner since 2013. This long lasting partnership expresses the insurer’s will to take an active part into the ongoing change which is happening in an evolving world thanks to the development of new ways of life. For more than 40 years, partnerships have represented BNP Paribas Cardif’s main action by sustaining exchange and co-creation principles. These principles will be at the centre of this event, dedicated to youth.
This is the opportunity to introduce to the public a few of the company’s initiatives towards youth, namely through its partnership with the association Entreprendre Pour Apprendre (EPA). Some of the students of the association will be at the Grand Rex to explain what they have learnt from the experience and how their sponsorship helped them.
Partner for 5 years, BNP Paribas Cardif is in fact dedicating volunteers amongst its employees to help youngsters to get familiar with insurance topics and company management, though specific workshops. Thanks to this skill-sponsorship, BNP Paribas Cardif employees mentor primary school to University students and introduce the economic world via one of four projects:
- Notre Commune-EPA,
- Mini Entreprise-EPA
- Start Up-EPA
The youth is not sleeping at BNP Paribas Cardif.
In fact BNP Paribas Cardif is also associated with students in open innovation initiatives, thanks to its relations with startups and partners. These students of Engineer Chairs from the Grenoble Management School and Data Analytics & Models for Insurance from the Institut de Science Financière et d’Assurances (ISFA) sustained by the company, are encouraged to think about new insurance models for tomorrow.
BNP Paribas Cardif gives its employees the opportunity to follow the live event, and present innovations spotted by the Cardif Lab’.
BNP Paribas employees are invited to the auditorium of the BNP Paribas Cardif Head Office to follow the broadcasting of the TEDxParis conferences. They will also be able to discover two innovations displayed in the hall of the auditorium by the Cardif Lab’:
- The Aurasens chair, a sound innovation which enables the user to get totally immersed into sound waves and massages. A sensitive experiment to discover.
- HTC Vive which provides a sensitive and immersive experience where the user dives into a 3D universe thanks to sensors which set the framework, a headset and two controllers. Possibilities given by this technology are limitless. The Cardif Lab’ already offers two universes:
- Google Tilt Brush
The Lab app
Follow TEDxParis on social networks with BNP Paribas Cardif
- livetweet displaying key messages of the conferences: #TEDxParis, #BNPParibasCardif and #CardifSpirit
- Periscope broadcasting Emmanuel Chila at the Grand Rex
- Facebook Live broadcasting Cardif Lab’s innovations live from the BNP Paribas Cardif Auditorium.
Follow BNP Paribas Cardif, we will wake you up with TEDxParis!
1. The TED foundation was born from the necessity to share information and therefore created innovative conferences, led by prestigious thought leaders to change the world. Founded in 2009 by Michel Levy-Provençal, TEDxParis is the first European TEDx conference and is amongst the first 3 TEDx conferences in the world to be created.