Integrating the young and the elderly
On November 4th of 2013, BNP Paribas Cardif and its social partners signed an agreement concerning a Generation Contract, by which several engagements towards elderly employees were exposed and explained.
These measures are destined to valorize the staff's professional skills, to improve their working conditions and to support them throughout their career and during the transition between their professional activity and retirement.
This Generation Contract Agreement seeks to address three different objectives:
- "to facilitate a sustainable professional insertion of young applicants through an access to a permanent job contract,
- to facilitate the secure employment of the elderly,
- to ensure the transmission of skills and expertise".
This Agreement completes the measures that have been already implemented in favor of elderly employees through an anticipatory job and competency management. At the same time, it also participates in granting an access to permanent job contracts for young individuals according to BNP Paribas' Group needs.
This support concretizes itself through voluntary and ambitious engagements within the domains of:
- Job security
- Skill and qualification development for seniors
- Access to education
- Improvement of the work conditions and hardships situations
- Optimization of pre-retirement working arrangements
- Better transition between work life and retirement