- BNP Paribas Cardif received a Golden TOP/COM award for its in-house communication campaign for the rollout of the brand to its 2,500 staff.
- In recognition of its collaboration with the charity e-Nable France, the company received the Gold Insurance Award for Innovation in Responsible Corporate Citizenship at the French Insurance Industry Awards.
- BNP Paribas Cardif won its 8th DECAVI Life Insurance Award for its Hypo Protect Classic product.
- As Head of BNP Paribas Cardif in Italy, Isabella Fumagalli received an award at the second Future Bancassurance Awards ceremony hosted by EMF Group.
- In September, BNP Paribas Cardif was awarded the Happy Trainees label for the first time on the basis of around 70% positive feedback. 89.3% of the trainees and interns surveyed said they would recommend the company.
- To coincide with the launch of the Mini 5 Convertible this March, BNP Paribas Cardif launched a new and innovative offer in Germany in partnership with BMW Bank. The bad weather bonus offers those customers buying the new Mini the opportunity to claim a €100 bonus every quarter if the rainfall in their region exceeds the usual average.
- In May, BNP Paribas Cardif further enhanced its Cardif Liberté Emprunteur mortgage insurance policy with the addition of extra covers and new services as part of its commitment to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Since Quarter 4 of 2016, BNP Paribas Cardif has included private equity investments in its life insurance policies marketed by BNP Paribas Private Banking. This new asset class offers the opportunity to invest in unlisted companies, and therefore to support the real economy.
- 2016 began with the appointments of Renaud Dumora as Chief Executive Officer, and Pierre de Villeneuve as Executive Chairman. These appointments were made against a background of continuing growth at BNP Paribas Cardif as its businesses continue to diversify and become more international.
- Pierre de Villeneuve was also appointed as Vice-Chairman of the French Federation of Insurance for a three-year term by the Federation's Executive Committee.
- Cyril Petit took over as head of Icare, the BNP Paribas Cardif subsidiary company specializing in mechanical breakdown guarantees and vehicle maintenance contracts.
- Carine Lauru joined BNP Paribas Cardif as Director of Communication. Her wide-ranging international experience and in-depth understanding of today's key issues enable her to guide the company through its transformation, and help it achieve its ambitions to expand its partnership culture and build tomorrow's insurance world.
- In May 2016, BNP Paribas Cardif launched its first international challenge on Kaggle, giving the world's top data scientists the opportunity to submit their algorithms for optimizing claim data management. This initiative is an integral part of the company's commitment to leverage digital innovation for the benefit of its customers. By the end of the contest, more than 55,400 algorithms had been submitted by more than 3,300 entrants. See the full results of the Kaggle challenge on video.
- In 2016, BNP Paribas Cardif announced its sponsorship of the Chair of Excellence in Data Analytics & Models for Insurance for a further five years. The work emerging from this partnership is helping to improve research into new insurance models and data analysis for insurance applications.
- In June 2016, the DAMI Chair published five years of work in Modeling in Life Insurance: a management perspective; the book studies the use of modeling in life insurance company management.
- Already more than 10 JAM sessions since 2013! In January, BNP Paribas Cardif held its 1st cross-country JAM session in Asia; a collaborative innovation workshop on the subject of smart homes.
- In July 2016, Cardif Lab’ celebrated its 2nd birthday! Two years of experimenting with innovations that are revolutionizing the world of insurance. Some 250 participants (partners and staff members) were able to contribute to 10 Cardif Lab’ workshops on themes such as the fabrication and assembly of 3D prosthetic hands provided to children at Les Hôpitaux de Saint-Maurice near Paris.
- The BNP Paribas Cardif team was there at the BNP Paribas International Hackathon Weekend in June this year to contribute its expertise to the successful startups.
- The Open-F@b Call4Ideas 2016 was launched in July by BNP Paribas Cardif in Italy. This challenge rewards the most innovative ideas put forward for responding effectively to policyholder needs.
- In May, BNP Paribas Cardif partnered the InnoRobo international robotics show. The 2016 event provided the perfect opportunity for Cardif Lab’ to showcase how new technologies are benefiting the world of insurance, and for BNP Paribas Cardif to put itself at the heart of these tech revolutions as part of its ongoing commitment to open innovation alongside high-potential startups.
- For the third year running, BNP Paribas Cardif renewed its partnership with Échappée d’Été. This event gave participants the opportunity to rediscover Cardif Lab’ and draw inspiration from emerging tech revolutions.
- In September, and for the 4th year in succession, BNP Paribas Cardif was a contributor to TEDxParis 2016 , which focused on youth. An inspirational experience for these young entrepreneurs.
The 9th BNP Paribas Cardif Symposium for our distributor partners was held in Barcelona on June 30 and July 1. Bringing together 112 partners, this event provided the opportunity to explore the future horizons of tomorrow's insurance world. On the agenda: innovation, conferences, co-creation sessions and customer feedback workshops.
In September, BNP Paribas Cardif published the results of the 10th market survey of Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) and their clients.
Carrefour has chosen BNP Paribas Cardif as its partner to build a new insurance offer for Romania. Driven by our commitment to partnership, we have developed a new offer that dovetails with the needs of our partner's customers. A collaboration shared on video with the general public in September.
BNP Paribas and the Matmut Group begin work on the creation of a new joint insurance company slated for 2018. The new partnership to be owned 66% by BNP Paribas Cardif will be a strategic development priority for consolidating and expanding the BNP Paribas bancassurance business.
- COCLICO stands for the BNP Paribas Cardif COmmunauté des CLIents COllaborateurs (community of staff customers) celebrated its second birthday in June 2016. This dynamic community gives a voice to its 350 staff members, whose ideas and feedback are used as the basis for designing tomorrow's insurance products and services. All with the single aim of delivering customer satisfaction to BNP Paribas Cardif policyholders!
- In October, BNP Paribas Cardif in Korea extended the range of its after-sales services with the introduction of a new digital platform that includes a total makeover of its website and the launch of two new mobile apps: My Cardif and B-Tok.
- In June, BNP Paribas Cardif put its environmental commitments into practice as a signatory of the PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) introduced by the United Nations Environment Programme and the Montreal Carbon Pledge hat commits investors to measuring and publicly disclosing the carbon footprint of their investment portfolios.
- BNP Paribas Cardif, BNP Paribas and Antropia Essec signed a partnership agreement in September to support social entrepreneurs working in health and providing the care required for people to stay independent for longer. 3 startups have already been selected: APA de Géant, Humaniteam-Design&Health and EPISONIK SONOsphère.
- 5 years of partnership with the non-profit Entreprendre Pour Apprendre, whose mission is to introduce young people to the corporate world. At the start of 2016, 33 students and 9 BNP Paribas Cardif staff members were given carte blanche to envision 5 future insurance solutions for young people as part of the one-day Innov’-EPA event.