Committed to responsibility
BNP Paribas Cardif is an engaged insurer whose responsibility is based on four main levers, according to BNP Paribas Group's policy within this domain:
- Actively contribute to economic development and financing of the real economy, with €226 billion in investments.
- Since 2009, 100% of new investments in the euro fund have been assessed against ESG(1) criteria.
- A human resources policy that promotes diversity and gender equality: we employ people of 80 nationalities in 36 countries, over 40% of the members of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of BNP Paribas Cardif are women.
- Over 10,000 form letters and contracts have been revised to adopt easily understandable language (B1 language level).
- Investments in social solidarity funds: €30 million at end 2016.
- Skills volunteering programmes to support education, entrepreneurial initiatives and social solidarity: 583 beneficiaries in France.
- Revised insurance rates for six pathologies to facilitate access to our products.
- €1.2 billion in “green” investments at end 2016.
- Signature of Montreal Carbon Pledge(2).
- Energy charter for company buildings signed in 2013, 60% of BNP Paribas Cardif buildings have been certified to HQE(3) or BREEAM(3) standards.
(1) ESG: Environmental, Social and Governance. BNP Paribas is a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI: six principles established by the United Nations to provide a general framework for taking ESG criteria into account in investment decisions).
(2) Montreal Carbon Pledge: an initiative launched in 2014 ahead of the Paris Climate Conference to encourage a reduction in the carbon footprint of investments.
(3) HQE, BREEAM: environmental certifications for buildings.